We're proud to be part of the Open.Michigan project
We recently completed the first round of major development on a new courseware publishing system for Open.Michigan, the University of Michigan's contribution to the Open Education initiative. In the spirit of open education, the system is freely available for download, modification and, use by anyone interested in contributing to the Open Education Resource (OER) community—the code will soon be available through github.com.
We worked with Piet Kleymeer and the team at Open.Michigan to replace their existing CMS, which ran on eduCommons—a Zope and Plone-based product, with a new courseware delivery system build entirely with Drupal. The new system sports some of Open.Michigan's dream features, including one-click download of all course materials, easier collaboration among university departments, and a full revision-tracking system. The results of the new system have been impressive: Kleymeer states that Open.Michigan staff has experienced productivity improvements of "nearly 400%."
You can check out our press release announcing the new OER delivery system for more information about the project, as well as the live site at open.umich.edu.
- Congratulations To GLEAM On Their Award!
- Extending Personal Campaign Pages
- Switchback is hiring!
- Congratulations to the University of Michigan’s Open Courseware Initiative!
- Basics of Drupal Quickbooks Integration
- Using your own fonts with @font-face in Drupal Gardens
- Drupal 7 is here! Commence Rejoicing!
- We're proud to be part of the Open.Michigan project
- AdaptiveTheme with a Sticky Footer and Skinr Styles
- Ann Arborists and Drupalists!